Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer time!

I finished my Spring Semester with a  3.48 GPA, that's an improvement over Fall, which was 3.15 I'm pretty happy with that. I got an A in Math which is surprising. I got an A in nursing, which isn't. I got a B in Chemistry which is SHOCKING. I thought I was doing horribly. This summer I am taking SPT 130, which I guess is intro to theater. It's through Moodle and online so I won't be spending $40 a week driving to Show Low.

J starts school on Monday. He's REALLY nervous because summer is the busiest time for his job. I'll be holding his hand every step of the way though and we've already arranged 9 hours a week of study time with the in-laws. Luckily he LOVES to write papers, his stress is about answering posts in the 'forum' setting that his 2 classes are taught in. I think by the end of the summer he's going to be a lot more confident in his ability to complete his course work. Which is a perk.

We're getting Stryder prepared for Kindergarten!! We still need to go pick up his birth certificate, I've never seen it so I'm looking forward to it. It's a drive to Holbrook and a $10 fee. Which isn't too horrible. I really wanted to home school him but he's such a high needs child that the public school option works better for us this year. It's hard to be a nursing student and a stay-at-home, homeschooling mom at the same time. He's starting out this summer wearing XS-slims in big boy clothes, Size 12 1/2 shoes and not liking hats. He keeps telling me he wants SuperHeroes of his birthday, then goes through a list, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Iron Man, Wonderwoman, Green Hornet, Incredible Hulk... I asked him about Wolverine and he said "who's Wolverine" *arghhhh* I've failed as a X-men fan. *sigh*

Kiwi is almost 21 months old. She'll be 2 in September. She's finally sleeping in her own bed, we moved the mattress into the 3rd bedroom/office space though. Stryder has been sleeping 12 hours a night since he was 2 so we're trying to not disturb him too much. She's starting to wean herself as well. Right now she nurses when she wakes up in the morning, and when she gets hurt. Some times at nap time but usually she just lays down and goes to sleep. She's been feeding herself for a long time.

We're going to go eat some macaroni and cheese bbiab

No comments:

Post a Comment