Monday, May 21, 2012

Summer time 2012!

I have to say that this school year did not go as expected. Jason got a fabulous new job. Kiwi learned how to effectively wrap grandpa around her pinky finger. Stryder started Kindergarten. I tried to finish up my nursing prereqs.

Stryder excelled at everything put in front of him, and can now read at a 4th grade level and is doing basic multiplication, I'm extremely proud of him! He's at a charter school thats pretty far from our how, I have to drive 30 miles just to take him to the bus in the morning which means we drive over 120 miles a day in order for him to attend school, some times more if we're running late and I have to actually take him to the school.

My success was limited this last semester by 20 weeks of pregnancy complications. I'm currently on bedrest due to multiple UTI's and pneumonia, lame! Luckily I am finished with school and am now able to focus on things I actually enjoy, reading, knitting, sewing, spinning and surfing the net. I also get to catch up on 6 months of missed TV.

Kiwi has grown massively in the last year as well, she has a vocabulary and isn't afraid to use it! She also runs, jumps and loves to prove how fearless she is. I love my little redhead and can not wait to introduce her to her new baby sister.

Jason started his new job almost 2 months ago now. More money, WAY more hours, and a bunch of satisfaction. Since I met him he's been railing against having to be stuck at a desk all day. In fact he was deeply depressed about his job for a considerable amount of time. In the last 4 years he's really tried to move on as hard as he could. He finally succeeded and I couldn't be more proud of my sexy lineman.

This what he does all day long, he's already lost over 10 lbs and several inches in his waist just working. He does dislike that he has to spend so much time away from me and the kids, we're struggling to work through that but I think once we are able to take actual vacations together as a family things should sort themselves out. We now can't wait to spend time together, even if it's doing things like this:


Overall our little family is doing great, we're still rebelling in our own ways, and learning to accept how to be together when we're apart. I'm learning that I can't control every little thing. The last year has definitely featured some growth for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment